Monday, January 16, 2023

FINALLY!!!!

I have row 13 of Renulek's 2021 Spring Doily done 
and this will be my doily as it is.  ;)  
I finished this row this morning.  Now to spend time 
sewing in ends and blocking it.
Last week I was inspired by a bracelet front(focal 
piece) that I have had for some time(I have a bag of 
all different styles and designs waiting for tatted bands. 
Since it looks almost like diamond shapes I found Ninetta's 
beautiful diamond bugle bead bracelet design and tried it.
Now I am trying to find a decent way to join the tatting 
and the bracelet front to each other.


Oh, I used size 40 Lizbeth Rainbow Splash and changed 
the stitch count a bit(Ninetta 
used size 20 thread, pattern here: 
https://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/2016/12/diamond-shaped.html  ) 
And, being inspired by those bugle bead diamonds 
I emptied the shuttles with this cute design.
I tatted the diamonds and then tatted the outer row.
It's terribly fiddly, but pretty.  I will try again tatting 
the diamonds as rings and the chains coming from them 
as a normal ring and chain pattern and see how that 
turns out.  ;)
Have a fabulous tatting filled week!!! :)








 

8 comments:

West Pine Creations said...

Beautiful doily. Love the band design. Tat around the end of the bracelet, like you would with a cabone ring. Join the band as you are doing it. It would look nice if you graduated the stiches toward the band, giving it a diamond look to blend in with the diamonds in the band and focal piece.

God's Kid said...

Thank you very much West Pine Creations!!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Well done on finishing the doily! The tatted diamonds work so well to enhance the diamonds of the focal piece. Working with bugle beads is fiddle, but your flower looks really great.

God's Kid said...

Thank you so much Jane!!! :)

Margarets designer cards said...

Well done on finishing the doily, and the bracelet looks lovely

God's Kid said...

Thank you so much Margaret!! :)

picotsnkeys said...

Lovely doily. The colors cheer one up!

God's Kid said...

Thank you so much picotsnkeys!! :)