Thursday, January 28, 2016

When you can't sleep.....Tat!!!

These look big, but they are quite small.  I think this first piece is approx. 1 in. long.
This next piece is probably about 2 1/2 inches tall.
The first is a trial of a diagram Elaine P. Gan showed  us test tatters once and we never did anything with it(I think).  Well, when I couldn't sleep for over 3 hours during the night I remembered the diagram and decided to see if I could try it.  The top trial has a few varied stitch counts on the chains.  And then I took the diagram and put a white piece of paper over it and traced what I could to make a cross out of the straight piece.  And then I spent 2 hours watching a movie and tatting the top of the cross, and then today I finished it.  :)

9 comments:

Fox said...

Love that top one...

God's Kid said...

Thanks Fox!! :) I think it would have been a bookmark or bracelet! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Love them both! I hope you get some sleep soon!

Bernice said...

Great colors, the pattern reminds me of the spiral bookmark. Your cross is so very cute and tiny.

Margarets designer cards said...

Great pattern, would make either a nice bookmark or bracelet, I like the cross and great pattern
Margaret

Madtatter80 said...

Oh these are very cute and love the last ones thread color what is it and sounds like a great movie:)

God's Kid said...

Thank you all very much!! :)
Madtatter80, the thread on the cross is size 20 Lizbeth Summer Fun(it was one I received for Christmas). :)

SWtrompeter said...

Pretty impressive - instead of just tossing half the night, you actually got up and DID something. Even better, it's something *pretty.*

God's Kid said...

Thanks SWtrompeter!!! :)