Monday, January 4, 2016

No more Kaleidoscope HDT left

I love this colorway and am so sad to say that I cannot get anymore!!!
I had so much fun tatting with it and there is none left.
I just had to make another tiny "beaded flower"-although I call it the beaded starflower, so now I have a pair which can be made into earrings for someone.  :)

I tatted those beaded flowers and had a little bit left so....I tatted this bookmark using Mary Konior's Chain Reaction edging pattern from Tatting with Visual Patterns(book), and call it my Chain Reaction bookmark.  I had to guess at how to make the end, and I think it turned out well.  It has a slight curve, but what you see here is just thrown on the scanner. 
As you can see with most of my tatting...sewing in ends gets put off till I feel like it(which isn't often).  
I hope your start to this new year has been tatfully wonderful!!! :)

9 comments:

Sally Kerson said...

I think that beaded flower pattern is clever and your pair will certainly make a lovely pair of earrings.
Like you hate sewing in ends, something about finishing a piece and then having to do the boring chore of hiding the loose thread, too time consuming!

Fox said...

What a shame - such pretty colours.

God's Kid said...

Thank you both very much!! :)
I totally agree Fox!! I wish Jess from Tat-i-licious would come back!! :)
Sally, I figured someone would understand!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love your beaded flower! That color way is very pretty. Too bad you don't have any more.

God's Kid said...

Thank you very much Diane!!! :)

Madtatter80 said...

Beautiful flowers and the colorway loss makes your earrings rare and one of a kind too :) I like that book mark too!

God's Kid said...

Thank you Madtatter80!!! :) I was thinking the same thing about the earrings!! :)

Grace Tyler said...

Like the bookmark improvisation. Nice nice colorway. You will find a new one you love--maybe in that box of new tatting thread?

God's Kid said...

Thank you Grace!!! :) I have to check out the new threads, but I am really trying to finish projects that have been started or...ones I am planning as gifts. :)