Monday, November 21, 2022

Time to catch up on what's been happening here.

Our daughter, Sarah, and I were at our first craft 
show of this year.  Here she is with all her items(tons!).
Everything in this picture up to the little Christmas 
tree on the left.
Below is my large Christmas tree with the larger 
Pop Top Ice Drop ornaments, and small space of 
jewelry(plus my in-progress forever tatted tablecloth).
And below is my small tree with small Pop Top
Ice Drop ornaments, Christmas button ornaments,
and mirror ornaments.

These young girls who were at the craft show before,
were back and selling ribbon wrapped candy cane
wreaths.  I wanted to support them, and got this fabulous
snowflake candy cane wreath.
A lady at the craft show was admiring my tatting
and told me how she used to crochet angel tree
toppers.  I was so curious how big size 3 thread
would make the Cathedral  Angel(by Elaine P. Gan)
that I tried it.  I don't have a correct head, but tried a
couple to see. This is the largest bead I have(too small).
This is one of my mirror ornaments, great size,
but too flat.
Below shows the difference in sizes.  First is size 3, 
second is size 40, then size 20.
And, I wanted to embellish this beautiful agate slice 
with tatting.  I like how it turned out.  :)  Next is to 
tat a chain.
And, I tatted 2 snowflakes to use as earrings. 
This pattern is #8 from 4 Dozen 
Tatted Snowflakes from Robin Perfetti.
So, you are all caught up here!! ;)
Have a wonderful tatting filled day and 
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!! :)


 

5 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I love seeing all your work, but I want to know how the market went? Did you sell anything? Were people interested in tatting?

God's Kid said...

Hi Jane, thank you so much for your comment!! :)
As for the craft show, it seems the people love rocks/gemstones!!! As for tatting, it went as the past shows...more talk about tatting and such, but not lots of sales. I did ok. I had one lady who really loved the Christmas button ornaments and she bought 4 so I gave her a discount. In the next room they had a used item sale and that lady had gone there and come back and brought me a package of snowman Christmas buttons. It was so sweet of her.
I had several people ask for my "business" card. I think I sold about 8 Pop Top Ice Drop ornaments, and 2 pair of Christmas tree earrings and 2 pair of maple leaf earrings.
Our daughter was wearing the snowflake earrings I had tatted for her long ago and there were people asking about them, but since I didn't have any(haven't tatted anymore since those-tatted in size 80), I decided to try the ones in the picture and hope they sell Dec. 10. Now I have to get busy and get some tatted, but with Thanksgiving here in 3 days it might have to wait as I get the house prepped for company this year.
Thanks you so much for asking.

muskaan said...

Wow, what a lovely display and range of items 🥰 I read your comment above and wish you much better success next time.

picotsnkeys said...

The tables look inviting and full of fun things!

God's Kid said...

Thank you picotsnkeys!!! :)