Monday, May 16, 2022

Well, the large triangle has to come to an end....for now.

The inside was going fine, but I was a bit
concerned it might ruffle or bow, and...it 
does.  So, I either have to cut off the outside,
or the inside...but I like both.

Although, if I do it right I could salvage 
the bottom right corner and make it an 
edging for a V-Neck shirt(I don't wear 
V-Necks, so not sure about that)...

So, I set it aside just for a bit(I NEED a completed 
large triangle!!)  ;)
And so I decided to work on the small triangle I 
designed and start with just joining small triangles 
to make a large one.  I am trying to get the colors to 
go well with the tie-dye shirt I want to sew the finished 
triangle to. Some will be as the colors are here, and 
some will be full solid of each color, trying to make 
them simulate the tie-dye(kind of). Here are the first 2
 joined:


And here they are with the tie-dye shirt(just showing 
the colors):

Have a wonderful day filled with tatting and joy!!! :)




7 comments:

erin said...

I'm thimking the issue is with the second row at the top. If you decrease the angle of the top corner, the straight part will lie flat. You only lose the inner corner.

I love the tie dye colors! Festive and summery! Pretty eyecandy!

God's Kid said...

Thank you Erin!! :)

muskaan said...

It certainly makes a beautiful V lace!
Gorgeous colours for your tatted motifs. You will have way more colour fun with these, for sure 😀😍❤

Jane McLellan said...

I hope Erin’s suggestion can help you salvage the big triangle. Love the bright little triangles!

God's Kid said...

Thank you muskaan and Jane!!! :)

picotsnkeys said...

If it's going to be on a garment, does it need to lay flat? I think you nailed the colors!

God's Kid said...

picotsnkeys, that is the plan, but my tatting didn't cooperate. So....trying something different again. ;) Thanks!!