Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Crosses and Tatting found at an antique store

 I am tatting crosses for some friends.
I started with Elaine P. Gan's 
Different Cross in Lizbeth size 40 
Royal Wave.

And I am now tatting Elaine P. Gan's 
Hope Cross in Lizbeth size 40 Black.

Yesterday we had a few errands to run 
and we passed an antique shop.  I don't 
go to antique shops, but this one caught 
my attention and I wanted to visit and 
hubby said sure.  So, we went into this 
beautiful and well organized shop of 
wonderful treasures.

First, I had to find any tatting just to take 
a picture of(I did not purchase any).





And, I found a bowl that would make 
a great mermaid treasure (thinking of my 
mermaid daughter).  But it would take a 
mermaid treasure to buy it.  ;)

And, I found 3 beautiful plates to possibly give as 
gifts, but 2 are special.  The artist signed them in 
the painted picture and dated them 1912.
The first one I saw caught my eye by the saying,
and only a $5 price tag:

Close-up:

These next 2 are the special ones:

and the signature:

and the signature:

The 2 ladies at the antique shop loved my fascination 
with tatting and love that I tat.  They have asked me to 
bring in some of my tatting and the tatted jewelry 
because they have never heard of tatted jewelry.  I 
will be visiting them again soon!! ;)

Have a wonderful tatting filled day!! :)



























6 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

The shop sounds like a wonderful discovery!

picotsnkeys said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures! The edgings look lovely. Were they tatted to the fabric? If not, I could see adding them to other pieces to create quite a collage.

God's Kid said...

Thank you both!! :)
picotsnkeys, I believe they are tatted to the handkerchiefs.

muskaan said...

Your happiness is shining through your words and the pics 😀😍

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

You discovered some beautiful pieces! I'd have had a hard time passing by all those treasures, even though I don't need a single one of them. ;-)

God's Kid said...

Thank you both!! :)
Diane, that is how I ended up with them. ;)