Monday, April 4, 2022

A New Pattern to try

 I have been wanting this pattern for awhile 
and I finally purchased it.  I thought it would 
be simple---that is what I get for thinking!!!
It has challenged me and there is plenty of 
room for improvement, but I am loving the 
design I fell in love with from it's pictures!!  
It is Laurel Wreath from The Kim and I on 
Etsy:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/249463110/tatting-lace-necklace-pdf-pattern-laurel?click_key=da2f2d13c44a39302c76a8c5a3609ef01abc143a%3A249463110&click_sum=77171473&ref=shop_home_recs_9
I am not very far, but maybe a quarter or a 3rd 
of the way done.  ;)  It's slow, but I am getting it.
The pattern calls for size 20 thread, but I am using 
size 40 HDT Gold Crimson from Yarnplayer.  I 
tatted a ring in size 20 and then one in size 40 to 
compare and have adjusted the stitch count to match 
the size 20 ring.  I love how it's turning out!!!  :)

Have a wonderful tatting filled day!!! :)

9 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It's beautiful!

God's Kid said...

Thank you very much Diane!!! :)

muskaan said...

It is beautiful and the perfect colourway 🧡🤎🧡

Jane McLellan said...

Looking good. The thread colour really complements the pattern.

God's Kid said...

Thank you muskaan and Jane!!! :)

picotsnkeys said...

That does look intriguing! I like the colorway in this pattern.

God's Kid said...

Thank you so much picotnkeys!!! :)

Margarets designer cards said...

Looking lovely so far and I am interested how it will be when finished, love the colours

God's Kid said...

Thank you very much Margaret!! :)