Tuesday, December 28, 2021

So tempted!!!

 I gave in and started a new project!!!!
I have several pages in the Doily books marked and 
and I gave in and started one, but....I didn't tat the 
whole doily because I love it just like this(well, I 
HAVE to sew in ends yet!!).  ;)
This is Anya Doily 1 from Lovely
Tatting Doilies for Fall and Winter.
I only tatted 8 of the 12 rows, and I didn't 
use split rings to climb out because I wanted 
rings a solid color and chains variegated.
I had this Fun in the Sun HDT from Custom 
Cotton Etc on Etsy in size 10(the pattern calls 
for size 30), and the only solid to go with it I 
had in size 20 Lizbeth Azalea Med. which I 
used 2 strands to make it close to size 10.
I love it!!!  :)



During the Christmas weekend I tatted Jennifer Williams 
Flower motif using overlapped picots(aka Ikuta picots).
I used size 20 Lizbeth Snow White and Christmas Red, and 
I made mistakes in the overlapping, but it still looks ok.

I also received my Pop Tops and Epoxy domes, 
and I downloaded my images I purchased and I 
got busy and now I have plenty of Pop Tops ready 
to become Pop Top Drop ornaments for next year!!


And, I bought these gorgeous Solar Quartz cabochons 
I purchased to tat around.  I CAN'T wait to start using 
them!!! ;) I bought them off Etsy for those who are curious.
Have a wonderful tatting filled day!!! :)








6 comments:

muskaan said...

Oh, what an array of goodies and beauties! Your enthusiasm and excitement is vibrating through this post 😍

God's Kid said...

Thank you so much muskaan!!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It looks like you have lots of fun in your future! I love those stones!

God's Kid said...

Thank you Diane!! :)

Margarets designer cards said...

You have had a busy Christmas, love the doily, beautiful flower like the way you did the picots
Those gorgeous stones, they are beautiful
I think January is going to see a burst of tatting

God's Kid said...

Thank you so much Margaret!! :)