Friday, July 6, 2018

Cathedral doily update

Row 26 done and it's about 14 1/2 inches across.
Again, it is being tatted in size 40 Lizbeth threads.
 The twins are ready for row 16(top of the picture).
I think I am making ok progress on them.
 We have friends who have gone fishing with my 
hubby for years, but one has cancer and isn't able 
to go any longer, and the other passed away last 
week, so....I felt it would be good to go keep my 
hubby company from now on, or until the Lord 
sends another fishing buddy for him.  Here is the 
view from yesterday morning.
 It was quite windy, but he caught two fish.  The 
first one didn't want to stick around when caught 
so I didn't get a picture, but....
 I got this one, and...it was the larger one.
 I was able to get some of row 26 on the doily above 
tatted while out there, and then when I got home I 
started another angel.  This one is in size 40(the 
others have been size 80) Lizbeth Blue Ice.  I have
orders for 3 more angels, and, if another lady likes 
the Blue Ice she said she will order some.  So, 
now I have the twin doilies and 6(so far) angels 
to have ready by Dec. 1.  Thankfully that is a little 
ways away, but it will come quickly!!!
Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July!
Hope you have all had time to tat!!! :)

5 comments:

muskaan said...

Just y'day I came across your Christmas gift secret blog and wondered whether you were going to do something similar for this year! But perhaps you are too busy with all these appreciative orders?
Hugs

Jane McLellan said...

You’re making good progress! Fishing looks fun. How long does it take to tat an angel?

Ninetta said...

It's a sort of hypnotic effect, beautiful, it's the perfect pattern with variegated thread. Gorgeous vista of the lake (or...?). Take care of both of you.

Margarets designer cards said...

Glad you were able to go fishing with him, at least he’s not on his own.
The twin doilies are looking beautiful and I look forward to seeing the angels

God's Kid said...

Thank you all so very much!!! :)
muskaan, I would love to do something each year, but this year isn't work(and I think that was a couple of years ago). I still haven't finished the Mystery Doily and I really want to finish it, but I am busy trying to get these orders done well and on time!!!
Jane, Elaine P. Gan says it takes her 2 hours to tat these angels. I am not sure what thread size she is using. I am using size 80 and allowing myself to get distracted because I have to hide ends several times, and partly because I keep cutting when I shouldn't!!! But, I just finished one in size 40 guessing it took 2-3 hours.
Ninetta, that is a lake. ;)