Saturday, June 11, 2016

Still on row #10........

Well, I actually made it about 1/2 way around finally.
Tatting time has been limited by 2 days of not
feeling well(not sick, but no energy and just
not up to 100% and not much else got done
those 2 days either).  
I do have an interesting little story to tell. 
Yesterday we were waiting to go to our youngest
daughter's college graduation and there was a
knock on the door(rarely do we get company), 
there was a lady wanting us to vote for her for
something(I am not into politics).  Well, my hubby
wanted the chance to talk with her about what 
she is representing(me, being bored by the conversation
picked up my doily and started working again, 
and after about 10 minutes the lady stops and says
are you tatting???  And I proudly said yes!  And 
I thanked her for being the first person I have found
who knew what it was.  She told us that she is 
forever kicking herself for not taking time to
learn from her neighbor who tatted-and my 
hubby told her I would gladly teach her, but
she decided her hubby would not agree to 
another craft and that she shouldn't tell him
about the beautiful tatting I have in my living
room.  Oh well, she left with a tatted snowflake.
And this is our daughter before her crossing the 
stage.  I had to use a 60X zoom to get this picture
so it's a little fuzzy, but it's the best that could be done.
Her program isn't completed until the end of August,
she is receiving and Associates Degree as a Sign
Language Interpreter.  We are so proud of her!!!  :)

16 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

Oh wow your school graduation seems late to me I wonder again what part of the county you are from I think different areas school ends at different times and the amount of schools etc. Any why Congratulations to your daughter 12 years accomplished and kindergarten too, well now you will have that empty nest problem even if they don't leave home :)
As always I love your tatting and colors you have chosen. I have not started on next round yet, for had to fill a request from oldest daughter first :)
take care!

God's Kid said...

Madtatter80, We are in Michigan. The college isn't an academic college, it's a career college. They don't do semesters, only quarters(spring, summer, winter, and fall). I have a friend who works at an academic college here in our town and they had graduation the end of May this year, and the beginning of June last year. I told her you said Congrats and she said "awwww...thanks!!"
Thank you for your compliments!!! :) I love the earrings you did for your daughter!!! :) Have a great weekend!!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your daughter must be so excited about finishing up! Congratulations!

I'm not in to politics, either. Politicians just make me angry, and I don't like being angry. At least you were able to throw a little tatting in to the mix!

Jane McLellan said...

I thought you were going to have a pupil. Ah well, more interesting conversation than the politics. Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation!

Margarets designer cards said...

Well done to your daughter, a very useful thing to be able to translate in sign language, hope she can find a job using her skill,
Nice to find someone who knows tatting there's not many around that knows what it is, pity her husband won't let her learn or at least try she might be good at it and enjoy it.
Margaret

God's Kid said...

Thank you all so very, very much!!! :)
And my daughter thanks you all for your congratulations to her!!! :)

SWtrompeter said...

Congratulations to your daughter! Finishing school is a major accomplishment.

Just realized why Row 10 takes most of us so long to finish - the circumference of the doily is growing. Row 10 would be pretty long if we saw it stretched out in a straight line.

Your tatting is lovely and the colors are beautiful.

God's Kid said...

Thank you so much SWtrompeter!!! :)
I agree about stretching the tatting in row 10 out in a straight line and how long that would be. For me...life has gotten in the way and for some reason I keep feeling like I am falling asleep while tatting this row. Crazy huh???

muskaan said...

Congratulations to your daughter & best wishes for her future :-)

Love your doily with it's sprinkling of dainty colours.
I completed Rnd 11 yesterday & counted (may be miscounted, coz didn't try again) 48 repeats ! Yes, the rounds are getting longer.

Hope you are feeling lively & peppy enough ? Take care :-)

God's Kid said...

Thank you from our daughter muskaan!! :)
Thank you very much for your comment about my doily!!! :)
As for feeling lively and peppy....well, not yet and yesterday was very hard with feeling so tired and empty of energy and our 2 granddaughters are here wanting all kinds of attention and movement!!! But I survived 1 day already. :) Thanks for your good wishes!!! :)

Bernice said...

What an honorable accomplishment to finish a sign language course. Love seeing your tatting and how far or not you have done every day.

God's Kid said...

Thank you so much Bernice!!! :)
Hope you are having a great day!!! :)

picotsnkeys said...

Congrats to your daughter. I tried to learn sign to use with the primary music program I volunteered with. I think having conducted, it wasn't going to happen. I keep trying to keep the beat instead of forming the signs!

God's Kid said...

Thank you so much picotsnkeys!!!! :) Just so you know, she has been trying to teach me, but I think if you are dyslexic you have an advantage!! Dyslexics think in pictures and the signs give them kind of a picture so I think that is why it comes more naturally to her. Her classmates who have dyslexia do better than those who don't. It seems like it is more natural for them. :)

Ninetta said...

Congratulations to your daughter! Lovely tatting!

God's Kid said...

Thank you so much Ninetta!!! :)