Monday, September 17, 2012

2012 25 Motif Challenge: Motif #22

Well, I have come very close to the design I have been trying to mimic. This last snowflake was tatted (in motion-we were on our way to buy a new van). And the tiny snowflake was just emptying the shuttle. All the snowflakes were tatted in size 20 Lizbeth Blue Ice.
I wanted to show them in order, but I messed up and don't feel up to realigning them. The order they are in is #2, #1, #3, and last. :)

I can type out the patterns if anyone wants them. And just a note* they are all 2 shuttle patterns(except the tiny one which can be a shuttle and ball). :)

8 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

They're all so pretty, and Blue Ice is one of my favorite colors!

Michelle said...

They are fantastic! I especially adore the one on the right!!

Ladytats said...

All of them are very pretty. and will look very nice on the tree.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

This is a wonderful set of snowflakes! I'm impressed that you designed them so quickly around this unusual doo-dad.

I did find the centers at Hobby Lobby! I never would have paid attention to them if I hadn't been looking specifically for them, and I'm not sure I would have noticed the snowflake design in the center!

Jane McLellan said...

So pretty! Write the patterns, it'll be good practice in pattern writing.

God's Kid said...

Thanks for all the wonderful comments!!
Blue Ice is one of my favorites too Diane! :)
I am glad you like that one Michelle, that is the closest to what I was trying to do! :)
I may be giving them as gifts Ladytats, but I am tempted to keep them for my tree this year! :)
I was surprised at how I was able to design around those too Kathy. I started by looking at snowflake pictures on google image-looking for a design that didn't look too complicated and one that had a round center which I would use the "doodad" for. Then I started writing and tatting to see what I could do. :)
I will get them written and then post them for others who want to make them Jane. Thanks for the encouragement!! :)

Sharon said...

Blue Ice is one of my favorie colorways for snowflakes. I'd love to have the pattern yoy used for the larger snowflake.

God's Kid said...

I am planning on posting all of the snowflake patterns. Glad you like the larger one Sharon! :)