Wednesday, October 26, 2022

A little random tatting....

I had thought about using some of the Christmas buttons 
on a garland, but hadn't decided on the tatted garland 
design.  Well...last night while sitting and watching a 
Christmas movies(of course!!!), I decided just to try one 
of two that I was deciding between.  It's Mary Konior's 
Three Blind Mice from the book Tatting Patterns. Tatted 
in size 20 Lizbeth Snow White.
Last night and a bit early this afternoon and it was  the 
length of a folder.  I figured it was going to be too small 
and would end up on a tabletop tree.
Close-up below.
And, a little more time and just checking to see what it 
will look like on a large tree(6ft).  I think it will stand 
out nicely!!!  :)  So, on with more tatting and buttons 
to see how long it will get.  ;)

Hope you are having a wonderful tatting filled week!!  :)

 

6 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

What a good idea! It will look fabulous on the tree, however long it is.

picotsnkeys said...

I love the idea of a tatted garland. And your choice of pattern is perfect!!

SWtrompeter said...

It looks gorgeous already! You could leave the shuttle attached when you hang it on the tree this year, and keep tatting to make it even longer for NEXT year, too. :-) I think it might be fun to have a shuttle hanging on the tree, too.
StephanieW

God's Kid said...

Thank you all so very much!!! :)
SWtrompeter, funny! I looked at the picture after I took it and thought, wow, how appropriate for a tatter's tree. ;)

Margarets designer cards said...

That's a new idea and its looks great on a christmas tree, I wonder if when you do your craft fair if anyone will buy it.

God's Kid said...

Thank you very much Margaret!!! :)
I will let you know. I am not done with it quite yet. ;)