Saturday, September 4, 2021

I have NEVER found this before in the time that I have been tatting

I have started lots of new balls of thread(Lizbeth),
but this is a first and very frustrating!!!
I got this ball out of one of my specialty packs
and when I went to find the beginning I found that the
thread wrapped around the outside of the ball was a
separate piece all together.  


I have had "slubs" and knots and such, but this is
almost a waste of thread.  I sure I don't find any
others like this!!!
Now, hopefully I will get back on track with my
tatting and hopefully I will have something to
show soon!  ;)  No promises!!!
Have a wonderful weekend and hopefully you
have better thread with your tatting!! :)

 

6 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Very frustrating. I hope the rest of the ball is in perfect order.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I have not had that happen. I hope you have no further problems!

Cassandra R. said...

Oh my! I've never seen that in all my years of tatting either! I would be very upset. Especially if I were winding a shuttle for a doily. The slubs and knots are aggravating enough, they shouldn't happen either IMHO. (Unless it is stated on the site as "seconds"). Well I hope the rest of the ball is great!! Happy Tatting :)
Sandy Ryan

God's Kid said...

Thank you all! I just wanted to make sure others know that it happens.

Ninetta said...

Oh dear! I have never had that mess in my life. Fingers crossed that it is a unique or very very rare event!

God's Kid said...

Thanks Ninetta!! :)