Tuesday, August 24, 2021

"Floating" tatting

 Our daughter was trying to keep busy during a 
medical appointment she brought me to, so she 
ended up "looking" through the Dollar Tree near 
there.
She found these 4in. x 4in. photo frames.
I saw someone who had placed tatting in some 
similar frames and she knew at one point I had 
been looking for some, so when she spotted these 
she got 2 for me to try.

I took 2 views to give you an idea of how the tatting
looks like it's floating.

Now I have to get good at centering!  ;)
Have a wonderful week of tatting!!! :)

 

13 comments:

picotsnkeys said...

Nice find! I too need to get better at framing. I've even thought about asking to "intern" at a framer in town. Maybe hire on at Michael's?

God's Kid said...

Thank you!!! :)
Great idea! ;)

Jane McLellan said...

Great way to display tatting. Keeps the light and airy look.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I've put tatting in frames like that, but I've never been able to make them look right. I think I need lessons, too!

muskaan said...

Fabulous! 💜

SWtrompeter said...

It really looks pretty in the frame. I guess if it were mounted in some sort of stand, you could admire the tatting from BOTH sides, too.
StephanieW

God's Kid said...

Thank you all so very much!!!! :)

Bernice said...

That is such a great way to display your tatting, could you put a polar graph on the back temporarily until you have it centered then remove it. You should be able to use a china maker or whiteboard marker (both can erase from glass) to mark the center or where the spokes should go. Having said all that I bet it does take some practice and patience.

God's Kid said...

Thank you Bernice!! :)
Actually, I just put it in quickly and made sure it would work, then decided to share it with everyone without really working to get it centered. ;) Thanks for the tips!!!

Margarets designer cards said...

That looks fabulous in the frame,

God's Kid said...

Thank you Margaret!!! :)

Ninetta said...

That is very pretty 😍

God's Kid said...

Thank you Ninetta!! :)