Thursday, August 16, 2012

2012 25 Motif Challenge: Motif #19

Here is the Five-Pointed Star from Christmas Angels and Other Tatting Patterns by Monica Hahn. Tatted in size 20 Blue Ice.

It cupped a little in the center and I am going to try and tame that, but I don't know if I will tat this one again. I needed to pay close attention since every ring changes stitch count, and it was a bit frustrating doing the joins in the center. I also did the shoe lace trick because the book said shuttle and ball, yet they wanted you to use the ball as a shuttle and do the thrown off rings(I think that is correct since it doesn't say that in the pattern). It's pretty enough(bad to scan on white background, but I am being a bit lazy tonight). :)

4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very pretty! I think I've tatted that star before, but it's been a long time! It looks really nice in the Blue Ice.

Fox said...

Seems to me I tried this and had trouble with the pattern... You have used a very pretty thread though!
Fox : )

Bonnie said...

Very nice!

Lelia said...

Beautiful colors!!!! Awesome star ; )