Monday, March 7, 2011

Just updates today

I have been tatting whenever possible, and yet, life still gets in the way.
Here is what I have been working on. (This picture is a little "stringy" today) :)
There are 3 projects here all made with the same antique motif from here: http://www.antiquepatterns.dreamhosters.com/DMCTat.pdf
...but put together differently. The first is done in Lizbeth Fruit Fizz size 40-I started with 1 motif and surrounded it with more motifs into a circle, and then another round of motifs which has created a hexagon shape. The second one is the "pointless" triangular shaped design next to it done in Lizbeth Snow White size 10. The third is the tablecloth(bottom of picture) done in size 10 white and is now about 18 inches long.
Next, I have been playing around with the triangle motif again from the same antique pattern page above. As you can see I haven't done much....yet. :)
Mostly, I have been trying to get the requests from November(ornaments) worked on and I have made some mistakes so I have been trying to use the mistakes too.
They are all done in Lizbeth Christmas Delight size 20 and from an antique pattern here: http://antiquepatterns.dreamhosters.com/DeWittPriscillaTat1.pdf
It's supposed to be 8 rings and 8 chains, and for some reason I keep messing up and tatting 6 rings and 6 chains, but it doesn't really mess up the pattern so I am using them also. I also, mess up when making the Large Wheel by making the small wheel as shown, but to make the large wheel you need to have 5 picots on the chains and not just the single picot shown in the picture, so I have altered the outside to go well with the ones I forgot the 5 picots on. It just makes them less frilly. Either way, I will have ornaments(for me, if nothing else). And the glass ornament pictured is showing that I have one correctly finished and waiting for a second to complete the bottom of the ornament.

I forgot.....I owe Tattingrid and apology, please forgive me for not getting a picture of the 5 fishies for my granddaughter. Her mom showed up unexpectedly and the fishies went along home with her. I don't even know yet how she liked them. I'm sorry. There were 3 done in the rainbow thread her sister's heart was done in, and one in the navy blue thread on the triangles above, and one in white from the tablecloth above.

3 comments:

Decoromana said...

there is a lot of very pretty tatting :)

Suztats said...

Looks like you've been quite busy! Nice bits to show.

Fox said...

Eighteen inches! Good for you. It is looking good...
Fox : )