Monday, March 28, 2011

2011: 25 Motif Challenge- Motif #10

Finally made it to number 10. I think this will be a long year. :D This is Wanda's(Wanda's Knotty Thoughts) Vacation Bookmark/Bracelet. Pattern here: http://wandasknottythoughts.blogspot.com/2010/10/doily-with-antique-motif.html It's done in Lizbeth size 20 Black, and Caribbean with tiny purple beads. I am having a give-a-away of this bracelet for any of the followers of this blog. Thanks for being so kind!!! Just leave me a comment that you would like to be in the drawing-you have till this Friday April 1, 2011 and the drawing will be done on Saturday. Next, on to show you what I have been trying to finish. I have been working on this since last year, but I took a major break when I just couldn't figure part of it out, but I finally got it and am getting closer to actually finishing it. It's Arlene's First Place Winner Doily-pattern here: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiiiUlf3qk2eIg98RKW0efJBae56db_v2Ca3iadPeBjaL4_z4BEGJLlzMn4LvUrZ1H637YIeFQpk8kvEII4FvwKjgqO-6xpKA35IT3jYCH-EzioHTTAVhqv9sGWbWITh5vQUzcepsnKXIvU/s1600-h/ArlenesFirstPlaceWin.jpg It's done in Lizbeth size 40 White and Tropical Punch. This is a start of another project. It's Jane Eborall's Fandango Edging. Pattern here: http://www.janeeborall.freeservers.com/Edging2011.pdf It's done in Lizbeth size 20 Lilac Dk. and size 20 Iris Bouquet from Crochet4U2Dye4. I wanted to use it for another ponytail holder for my granddaughters(who claimed the last one and they don't want to share), but, for I just couldn't get it attached like I thought it should, so it might become a headband instead....keep watching for the finished project.......... I have been working on learning Single Shuttle Split Rings(SSSR). I figured that it was a good thing to learn a new technique while emptying shuttles instead of tons of butterflies(as long as I still need to learn-which could be forever). :D This is my prgress left to right so far. I have also been making more rainbow crosses for my mother-in-law. Another 3 have been ordered. :) Those that have received them from her have thanked me lots and they love them.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Your tatting is wonderful! I especially love your thread choice for the Arlene's First Place Winner Doily - it's looking beautiful! (And it's true - I earned nice fair ribbons with that pattern last year.)

Nice work :)

Marty said...

You have been busy! That SSSR is looking good -- I've got to get that one under my belt. Oh, and I love the bracelet!

Carla said...

All your tatting works are wonderful!
I really like the doily and in such pretty colors.

Fox said...

Yes, indeed, your tatting is lovely.

I never really looked at Tropical Punch before, but it really stands out in your piece.
Fox : )

Tatskool said...

Lovely tatting

Lelia said...

lovely tatting. beautiful bracelet. What a beautiful edge - terrific colors. Looking forward to seeing your doily finished up.

good idea to make the SSSRs, I have quite a collection of butterflies, tho my friends don't mind! I give most away