Thursday, October 10, 2019

Yes, I have been tatting.

Tatting seemed to come somewhat easy to me, but 
I am learning Ninetta's Treble Tatting: 
and it is and actual challenge for me.  I have made several 
attempts and last night I had finally gotten it to work, but...
I put it away and got a little sleep and lost what I 
had learned.  So...back to the learning process I 
went today and, here are all the bits or learning 
from last night through tonight.
I started in size 40, then size 20, and finally size 10.
10 sure makes learning easier for me, and it might 
be the size I need for the project I am learning this 
for.  I am going to try and get size 3 and see what 
looks best for what I want and then decide.
I love smaller threads, but certain threads go best 
with certain projects in my opinion.  ;)
I plan on attempting her little motif tomorrow.
Hope you are all getting your tatting in!! :)
Still waiting on our home to be ready.  Looks 
like another kink in the plans-the electric company 
says they won't hook the electric to the house until 
Nov.1, and that delays the propane gas which needs 
to be brought in and hooked up after the electric is 
done.  So...praying for a miracle!!!

8 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I struggled too. In the end I found muskaan’s method easier to work.

God's Kid said...

Thanks Jane! :) I have both Ninetta's and muskaan's info saved so I can refer to both and try to do well!!

Madtatter80 said...

I am proud of you I so wanted to try this and have to take a class at tat days and was so happy to get it but now I wonder if I will remember it because I have been doing other things!

God's Kid said...

Thank you so very much Madtatter80!!! :)
I think it's a technique you will have to stay in practice on, or at least I will! ;)

Margarets designer cards said...

Nothing goes to plan hope it all kicks in and you get moved in soon
We are never too old to learn and in tatting there seems to be something new every week
Keep up the good work

God's Kid said...

Thank you Margaret!! :)
I like to learn, but get frustrated easily when it's an actual challenge. ;)
Thanks for the encouragement!!! :)

Ninetta said...

Finger crossed for your new home!
It seems you did great with the new stitch!

God's Kid said...

Thank you so very much Ninetta!!! :)
You have provided a challenge for me!!! I really need to learn it well enough to use it for a design I am hoping to put together for the Tatting Design Class. Lots of work!!! ;)