Monday, August 24, 2015

Tatting, tatting goodies, and a smile :)

 I have been tatting.  I am working on this Beaded Lanyard from Patti Duff link 
It's tatted in size 20 Lizbeth Rainbow Splash and some larger orange beads.  This is for a friend to hang a cross on as a necklace.  It's only as long as the width of a piece of paper so far, but I am working on it slowly.
 If you are wondering why orange beads...orange is her favorite color.  :)
 I also just completed another Hope Cross by Elaine P. Gan.  It's tatted in size 40  Yarnplayer's HDT Red, White, and Blue.  As you can see it's small enough to fit on a sticky note diagonally.  This is for a very patriotic veteran friend.  :)
 This is a tatting goodie package I received from Carollyn (Madtatter80).
 Totally unexpected and totally a treasure chest of surprises!!!
There is an absolutely wonderful handcrafted bunny shuttle!!!
There is a wonderful tatted heart, a fabulous little card with Jesus the Shepherd on it.
 There is a Gorgeous card of flowers almost 3-D!!! 
And a little box off to the left bottom there with lots of goodies to hopefully show up in tatting!!!
And as for the smile....this is our 7 yr. old granddaughter(the last time they were here) "eating" Ramen Noodles.  I couldn't resist the picture when I saw she had wound the noodle around the fork and was eating it from the handle down.  Crazy kid!  :)
I have also added 4 more motifs to the tablecloth, 
and done a little more tatting on the very long Christmas garland for our friend.
Also, I have 2 new tatting students.  I hope to have pictures next time.
They are seniors who both really want to learn.  We tried a couple weeks ago, but there were too many distractions to get much accomplished, but today one has gotten the flip down pretty good and can close her rings(she made 3), and the other is getting the flip a little, but has some trouble with her hand not being able to be hold in the position to make rings for very long so we had lots of breaks.
Hopefully I will have pictures of lots of rings soon!!!  :)

8 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love Patti's lanyards! I would choose blue beads, of course. ;-)

Carollyn sure is a sweetie! Isn't it fun to get surprises?

God's Kid said...

Actually Diane, you may be seeing one in blue because I am jealous as to how wonderful this one is, that I am thinking of making myself one....and it has to be blue!!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Very interesting post. You've been busy! Pupils and lanyards and granddaughters and all.

God's Kid said...

Thanks Jane!! :)

Fox said...

Great lanyard. They always look so complicated to me.

God's Kid said...

Thank you Fox!!! :) I first tried Jane Eborall's and for some reason my mind wouldn't work that day and I messed up badly. So....I tried Patti's and it's really quite easy and a single shuttle. You just have the large beads on the string on the shuttle and wrap the string around your hand leaving the bead near the closing of the ring. You tat the stitches and carefully close the ring "around" half the bead. I will try and take pictures in progress to show you. I have had a couple of times that it was a bit tight when closing the ring, but I just keep trying carefully. :)

Madtatter80 said...

Oh you do have lot going on and I totally missed this post. I like this lanyard and the beads would give it a great weight too! The noodle eater so cute I wonder why I don't eat them like that :)
Congratulations on teaching your seniors that is a big deal I taught one and she caught on well.
take care from Carollyn

God's Kid said...

Thanks Madtatter80!!! :) I chose smooth round beads hoping they wouldn't scratch while being worn, and they do give a good weight to it. It's now longer than a sheet of paper by about an inch.
Maybe you are supposed to try this new noodle eating method. ;)
Can't wait to show the senior tatters' progress. One is making rings(needs a little work on tension), the other has gotten the flip, but her hands don't really appreciate tatting. :)