Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Trying some HWT(hand wound thread)

 Wanting to do something different.  I decided to try some HWT and tat something.  
This was a combination of 3 threads-2 quilting threads(pictured below) and a size 80 DMC green which I received from Lace Lovin' Librarian-Diane.  I am not crazy about the color combo, but it makes me think of autumn leaves on green grass.
Here are the 2 quilting threads I used.
Here is the combination of the 2 quilting threads without the green in a motif from the book Tatting Patterns and Designs from Gun Blomqvist and Elwy Persson page 41 star #2.
Here are my pictures from Tollway Tatters....
 Barbara and Carrie tatting.
 Marilee and Gwen(please forgive me if I have the wrong name here) tatting.
 Diane at lunch time.  :)
 Carol, Sue Anna, and Marilee.
Marilee's fabulous tatting!!  :)
And just so the Tollway Tatters know that I made it home to get that extra large batch of sloppy joes done, here is a picture:
That is a 7 or 7 1/2 quart slowcooker filled to the top.  It went fast too!!  :)

6 comments:

Fox said...

I really like that square motif . Sweet!
Fox : )

God's Kid said...

Thank you Fox!! :)
It's a fairly easy pattern and it takes fairly quickly!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I like the HWT combos!

Jane McLellan said...

I like the way the threads combine. Such concentration at your tollway tatters day!

God's Kid said...

Thanks Diane and Jane! :)

Carrie said...

Wow, that HTW makes for such interesting patterns! You really need to stop putting ideas into my head!!!