Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tatting in 2011

Yes, I have been tatting.
I have too much to show and nothing quite complete yet, but working as quickly, yet carefully as I can on quite a few things. I have 2 of the 3 crosses 99% done for my mother-in-law, a start of a doily with an antique pattern, a start of a tablecloth for my husband, and I had to start a butterfly to do something different tonight and it's over half done(I may be posting the completed project tomorrow). Also, for Christmas, I was allowed to have a limited online shopping spree and I ended up purchasing mostly tatting items. I have 4 new books, and 7 new hand dyed threads from several different people(3 are still coming). The butterfly I am working on is out of one of my new books and with one of my new threads(couldn't handle waiting any longer to use it!). Here is a picture of what my couch is looking like with everything in progress. :)

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I love the doily on the arm of your couch. I am 20 years old and have been tatting since I was about 11. I would love to make a doily like that. Where could I get the pattern?

God's Kid said...

Hi Alyssa! Wow, you have been tatting for a long time. The doily you are questioning was supposed to be a tablecloth which was being designed by someone on the blogs called agasunset. I really liked her tatting and she was putting up the pattern as she went along. Well, something happened to her computer and she never came back and posted any more of the pattern, so...I ended up with a doily.
She now has a blog which you have to be approved to read I guess from what it's telling me. I wish I could help more. Sorry.